Thursday, October 15, 2009

You shine like gold in the air of summer



A lovely watercolor I did a few days ago. :)

I love that new colored pencil smell. Especially that smell it makes when you sharpen it with an exacto knife - so raw and real. *heavy sigh* Today was spent with my pad of Vellum paper and new pencils. I had a spectacular time. It's bizarre how the day just slips away from you when you are so involved in something you don't care to pay attention to the hour.

Would you believe that I had never enjoyed listening to Commentaries until Coraline came out? I suppose it's my sincere love for that movie - everything about it...I just can't get over how magical it is. Anyway, I listened to the commentary today (again) as I drew, and it really got me started on a kick. I think I'd like to listen to the commentaries of some of my other favorite movies (The Dark Crystal, Nightmare Before Christmas, Wallace and Gromitt, and definitely a few old Disney movies) while I do my work tomorrow. It's crazy exciting to learn about all that happened behind the scenes of the movies...Ooooh warm and happy feelings!

1 comment:

  1. Yes.....the commentary tracks are awesome work Noise!

    and your list of films are all some of my favorite-

    cool drawing.

    jriggity

    ReplyDelete